Sunday, March 9, 2008

brrrrrrrrrr

Last night we had a great chat round the fire about refugees, development and NGOs. It was great. Reminded me of my campfire memories. Some pretty smart people and minds in our village, yet also a lot of compassion and yearning to make sense of some of these realties.

We were all given blankets and hygiene kits. So as with camping: brush your teeth and off to sleep.

Sleep, however, in hind sight, felt like it was something to be earned. I didn't sleep well. I was cold, uncomfortable, in a slum with strangers when I kind of wanted some privacy.

I woke up feeling very tired. But i looked out the window and it would appear that everyone was looking like they had the same experience. I was feeling pretty miserable, but as the saying goes I stepped out to enjoy some company whilst warming my toes against the caressing flames of the fire.

No comments: